Variety is the Spice of Life
In the last week, I’ve written communications about:
- An employee who won a local Dancing with the Stars competition
- A group of women who use their lunch hour to knit and crochet items for charity
- Progress in our employee giving campaign (We’re already halfway toward our goal!)
- General Load Reduction Plans (This is when the demand for electricity is too high for our available supply, so a process goes in place to reduce the load demand.)
- Interns working in the Service Company this summer (There are 83 interns at Progress Energy this summer and 17 of us work for the Service Company, one of the three companies under Progress Energy. The other two are Progress Energy Florida and Progress Energy Carolina, which handle the power generation and delivery parts of Progress Energy’s work.)
- A 4H summer camp sponsored by Progress Energy
The wide array of work here keeps my days interesting! It’s also provided a great opportunity for me to learn more about the different departmental functions within the company. As I prepare for my future career, I’d be interested to compare the content that comes through this communications department with the communications department of a local government.
*The views expressed on this blog posting are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.